Who’s Eligible for Colon Cancer Treatment?
Eligibility for colon cancer treatment depends on factors like cancer stage, patient health, and existing medical conditions. Here are some general guidelines to assess your eligibility:
- Early-stage cancer (stage I/II): Eligible for surgery, the primary treatment option.
- Locally advanced cancer (stage III): Surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy to address remaining cancer cells.
- Metastatic cancer (stage IV): A combination of treatments, such as surgery, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, or immunotherapy.
- Overall health: Good general health is necessary for specific treatments, as it influences a patient’s ability to tolerate procedures.
- Co-existing medical conditions: Certain conditions like heart or lung issues may limit treatment options due to increased risk.